Abbey Park Academy use a Merit system to reward a vast amount of different skills, these can include...
- Good work.
- Good behaviour.
- Being helpful to staff and other pupils.
- Reading their reading books at home.
- Showing an excellent attitude to others and the school.
When the children gain more merits they receive certificates, please see below for the order of certificates....
- 30 merits - Certificate.
- 60 merits - Bronze certificate and pencil.
- 90 merits - Silver certificate and pencil.
- 120 merits - Gold certificate and text home.
- 150 merits - 150 merit badge.
- 200 merits - 200 Head Teacher award badge and a letter home.
- 250+ merits - Names are taken for the end of year trip.
- 350+ merits - Name entered into a draw to win a scooter.
Thecertificates are handed out on a Friday morning in our Celebration Assembly...
We encourage good behaviour and take action on any bullying to make sure the school is a safe and secure place to learn.